Nakuru-Maasai Mara Luxury Safari 4 Days/3 Nights
Nakuru-Maasai Mara Luxury Safari 4 Days/3 Nights to the celebrated home to the Wildebeest Migration, the 7th world wonder, for great photography and scenery viewing.
Parks to visit: Lake Nakuru National Park, Maasai Mara Game Reserve
Attractions and activities: Game drives, wildlife migration (July to October), the big five, ballooning safaris(at an extra cost), cultural visits(at an extra cost), birding, photography, scenery viewing, flamingos and other birds
Accommodation: Luxurious lodges
Itinerary at a glance
Day Destination Supplier Meal Plan Activity
1 Maasai Mara Sarova Mara Game Camp LD Trsf, P
2 Maasai Mara Sarova Mara Game Camp BLD EP
3 Lake Nakuru Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge BLD P
4 Depart B Trsf
BB-Bed and breakfast, BLD- Breakfast, Lunch, dinner, Trsf- Transfer, E-Early morning game drive, A-Morning game drive, P-Afternoon game drive
Day 01: Nairobi – Maasai Mara National Reserve
Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will be met by our friendly representative who provides the itinerary briefing and later proceed to Masai Mara. Pass through the lower scenic Mau Escarpment road into the Rift Valley to the 1792square, kilometer Masai Mara National Reserve to arrive in time for lunch at your camp/Lodge. The afternoon is spent on a game drive. This reserve has hilly savanna, rolling grasslands, gallery forest on the Mara River and its tributaries. The smaller predators are the hyena and jackal. The large herbivores are the elephant, rhino, Burchell’s zebra, hippo,buffalo and giraffe, The smaller herbivores are antelopes and bucks. The Maasai ostritch, the world’s largest bird is found in the park.
Overnight at Sarova Mara Game Camp (LD)
Day 02: Maasai Mara National Reserve
On this day you will enjoy a full day early morning and afternoon game viewing and exploration in this part of the Northern Serengeti Ecosystem where the great wildebeest migration takes place. Months before the actual migration the herds ‘assemble’ in Serengeti in readiness for the crossing into the Masai Mara. The plain is literally covered with these animals. Grunts and other animal sounds are heard, and territorial fights are common place. The migration now declared the Seventh Wonder of the World takes place from end of June to beginning October.
Overnight at Sarova Mara Game Camp (BLD)
Day 3: Maasai Mara – Lake Nakuru National Park
After breakfast, depart Masai Mara for Lake Nakuru. Lunch is at your Lodge later you will enjoy an afternoon game drive. This park is truly a bird watchers paradise and it has an abundance of acacia trees, both yellow barked (fever tree) the umbrella-topped acacia and the candelabra cactus. The game animals includes hippos, waterbuck, gazelles, colobus monkeys,buffalo,leopard and the Rothschild giraffe. The park is also a sanctuary for the white Rhino.
Overnight at Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge (BLD)
Day 4: Depart
After breakfast, you will return to Nairobi via the Mau Escarpment. Having just crossed the Rift valley and passed Mt. Longonot it would be interesting to view the crater from a different angle, via the tip. Arrive Nairobi in time for lunch at a local restaurant (lunch on own). Later you will be transferred to JKIA for your onward flight. (B)
END OF SERVICE
Nett Cost in US Dollars
|Per Person Twin or Double Sharing||Single Room Supplement|
|Peak||01.07.2017 – 31.10.2017||1730||480|
|High||01.11.2017 – 15.12.2017||1390||235|
|Peak||16.12.2017 – 01.01.2018||1730||480|
|Child 3 – 12 years sharing a room with 2 adults pays 50% of the adult rate
Christmas Supplement – USD 55.00 per person per night on 24, 25, 26, 30 Dec to 01 Jan
*A maximum of 3 singles per group will be charged a single room rate. Any additional singles will be charged at double room rate
gmaThe above rates are on seat-in-coach basis and are valid for a minimum of 2 pax per departure
(The above rates are based on current government taxes and park entrance fees. Any changes to these will be passed on)
understand your rights and obligations, as well as, ours.
- Meet and greet service by our local representatives at Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Round-trip transfers airport/hotel in Nairobi (not in 4×4)
- Accommodation as described (or similar) based on double occupancy
- Meals as described by B (Buffet Breakfast), L (Lunch), D (Dinner)
- 1-litre bottled mineral water per person per day whilst on safari
- Transportation by specially equipped 4X4WD Land cruiser for the entire safari duration
- Services of a professional English speaking driver/guide
- Game drives, sightseeing and excursions as described in the itinerary, inclusive of applicable entrance fees
- Temporary membership to Emergency Medical Evacuation Service whilst on safari
- Applicable local and government taxes on accommodation and transportation
- International Airfare, airport taxes and security related fees
- Meals not described in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide; hotel/camp and restaurant staff; room service etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature i.e., telephone/internet usage, laundry, bottled water and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, etc.
- Any optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the itinerary