Bomas Of Kenya, Giraffe Centre, and Karen Blixen Museum
A guided tour of Nairobi city to the Bomas, Giraffe Centre, and Karen Blixen Museum for a rich Kenya cultural appreciation and great photography.
Bomas of Kenya, Karen Blixen Museum, Giraffe Centre
A mid-morning pick up from your hotel or residence within Nairobi city centre and visit the Giraffe Centre, which was started by Jock Leslie-Melville, the Kenyan grandson of a Scottish Earl, when he and his wife Betty captured a baby giraffe to start a ‘giraffe breeding’ project at their home in Lang’ata. Since then the program has had huge success, resulting in the introduction of several breeding pairs of Rothschild Giraffe into Kenyan national parks. The center is also home to several warthogs which freely roam the area along with the giraffes. The main attraction for visitors is feeding giraffes from a raised observation platform.
Afterwards visit Karen Blixen Museum. The museum is open to the Public every day (9.30 am to 6pm) including weekends and public holidays. Guided tours are offered continuously while a museum shop offers handicrafts, posters and postcards, the Movie ‘Out of Africa’, books and other Kenyan souvenirs. The grounds may be rented for wedding receptions, corporate functions and other events.
Later, drive to the Bomas of Kenya which opens at 2pm. This is a homestead located 10km from the city centre with numerous homesteads reflecting Kenya’s cocktail of cultures depicted in a traditional village life style. You will be treated to a rich traditional music and dance show at this cultural centre. The greatest excitement is the display of traditional dances, music, and songs being performed in a splendid area. Traditional dishes may be served as extras.
Later, you will be transferred to your preferred destination within Nairobi city centre.
End of service
Nett cost (in US Dollars) based on a 7-seater minivan:
Ranges from USD per person based on a minimum of two pax in a minivan.
The cost differs depending the number of people in a minivan. Kindly contact us for the exact cost depending on your preference.
- Pick up and drop off from Nairobi Central Business District Area
- Transportation by specially equipped 7-seater safari minivans with special roof hatches to ensure excellent viewing and for easy photography. All minivans are equipped with HF radios (window seat guaranteed for every client)
- Services of a professional English speaking driver/guide
- Game drives, sightseeing and excursions as described in the itinerary, inclusive of applicable entrance fees
- Applicable local and government taxes on transportation
- International or domestic airfare, airport taxes and security related fees unless mentioned above
- Meals not described in the itinerary above
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide; hotel/camp and restaurant staff; room service etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature i.e., telephone/internet usage, laundry, bottled water and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages etc.
- Any optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the itinerary above