6 Days Best of Mount Kenya Hiking
A genuine 6 days Mount Kenya hiking to Batian Peak challenge for trekkers where reaching the rugged glacier-clad summits gives a sheer sense of achievement.
Day 1: Nairobi
The morning will be spent sorting and organizing equipment for the mountain trek before being driven to the Sirimon gate. We then take an easy 3 hrs walk through equatorial forest to Judmaier’s Camp (3,300m) for overnight in the high altitude mountain tents.
After breakfast, we trek up the moorland and break away from Sirimon track at an altitude of 3,940m, contouring into the Sirimon Valley. This is a seldom visited area with a tremendous amount of wildlife and we will stay overnight in Sirimon Valley, at an altitude 3,940m.
We start early out of Sirimon Valley and into the head of the Hinde Valley. We then cross the Nithi and Gorges Valleys. This is undoubtedly one of the most scenic areas of the mountain with its 1,000 –vertical cliffs, its virgin valleys and cascading water-fall, is one of the most spectacular trekked areas in Kenya. We will then camp overnight at Hall Tarns(4,300m).
We will descend to Lake Michaelson, in the depth of the Gorges Valley to see the incredible cave formation known
as the Temple. We then walk down the valley to Vivienne falls (named after the famous author of Speak to the
Earth) and return to camp in the afternoon. We will spend overnight at Hall Tarns (4,300m).
We take the Alpine ascent on the third highest peak Pt.Lenana (4,985m) en route up north, a face little used by tourists. It will take us approximately 04 hours of walking to the summit. We then descend to Teleki Valley and spend the night at Mackinders Camp (4,150m).
We will descend the mountain via the Naro Moru route completing a fine circuit of Mt. Kenya, to the Naro Moru
River Lodge for a well-earned rest.
End of Service
Nett cost per person (in US Dollars)
|NO. OF PAX (ADULTS)||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8 and above|
• Meal Plan as detailed: B=Breakfast L=Lunch D=Diner
• Return transfers from the Lodge
• All Park entrance fees and conservation fees
• Service of an English speaking professional Guide, porters and skilled cook
• Guaranteed price/guaranteed Trek on confirmation
• Flying Doctor Service temporary cover for emergency evacuation (taca)
• Bottled treated water in our vehicle
• Prevailing taxes (subject to changes)
• On Completion Successful Climb Certificate
• Accommodation at the Lodge
• International air, visa fees and inoculation
• Climbing Gear/equipment
• Personal Travel insurance
• Laundry, drinks and tipping
• Extra activities offered at lodges or en route
• Any deviation from the stated route
• Any tariff/tax increases after the date of this quote
• Any items of personal nature
Required Equipments- Available for hire, reserve in Advance
Naromoru Transfer charges: Pick up and Drop off at Nairobi hotel/ Airport
01 Pax USD 310.00
02 Pax USD 145.00 per person
03 Pax USD 95.00 per person
04 Pax USD 70.00 per person
05 Pax USD 60.00 per person
06 Pax USD 46.00 per person
07 Pax USD 40.00 per person
08 Pax USD 35.00 per person