Mount Kenya Foot Safari 4 Days/3 Nights
Mount Kenya Foot Safari is a 4 days guided leisurely trekking of Mount Kenya. You will enjoy seeing fascinating vegetation zones of an equatorial mountain and its associated rich animal and bird life.
Morning spent sorting and organizing personal equipment for the trek with the help of your guide. Depart the lodge latest midday and be driven to naromoru park-gate where you start the trek. The guide set a leisurely pace for a relaxing trek up on the mountain. The trek helps you to acclimatize and enjoy seeing fascinating vegetation zones of an equatorial mountain and the associated rich animal and bird life. Packed Lunch is provided en-route. The trek takes 3 hrs to the Met station where we spend the night in the Mountain log cabins. A good day for acclimatization for we will be sleeping at an altitude of 3,050m. A short hike is taken in the afternoon to gain and loose altitude.
After breakfast hike up past forest line to moorland zone covered by tussock glass and Heathers zone onto the Teleki valley to the crest of the ridge from which vantage point you have a splendid view of the main peaks. Packed lunch is provided en-route. Walking time approximately 4 – 6 hours to the teleki lodge for overnight (4,200m)
A per-dawn start is made to ensure a successful summit bid and in time for clear view of the majestic scenery after sunrise. With the help of the guide ascent to the third highest peak ( point lenana -4985 m, 4- 5 hr) then descend down to teleki lodge for breakfast and changing. A few minutes break then proceed down to met ( 5 hrs). Station for overnight (3050m).
After breakfast descend down through the forest to naromoru park gate for pick to the lodge.
END OF SERVICE
Nett cost per person (in US Dollars)
|NO. OF PAX (ADULTS)||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8 and above|
PP- per person
• Meal Plan as detailed: B=Breakfast L=Lunch D=Diner
• Return transfers from the Lodge.
• All Park entrance fees and conservation fees
• Service of an English speaking professional Guide, porters and skilled cook
• Guaranteed price/guaranteed Trek on confirmation
• Flying Doctor Service temporary cover for emergency evacuation (taca)
• Bottled treated water in our vehicle
• Prevailing taxes (subject to changes)
• On Completion Successful Climb Certificate.
• Accommodation at the Lodge.
• International air, visa fees and inoculation.
• Climbing Gear/equipment
• Personal Travel insurance
• Laundry, drinks and tipping
• Extra activities offered at lodges or en route
• Any deviation from the stated route
• Any tariff/tax increases after the date of this quote.
• Any items of personal nature.
Required Equipments- Available for hire, reserve in Advance
Naromoru Transfer charges: Pick up and Drop off at Nairobi hotel/ Airport
01 Pax USD 310.00
02 Pax USD 145.00 per person
03 Pax USD 95.00 per person
04 Pax USD 70.00 per person
05 Pax USD 60.00 per person
06 Pax USD 46.00 per person
07 Pax USD 40.00 per person
08 Pax USD 35.00 per person